My first step into the street’s of Ireland was greeted by a cool breeze. I looked up and the grey blue sky showed promise of rain. Accompanied by two fellow study abroad students from the University of Texas at Austin and our professor Dave Junker; we went into city center of Dublin with a mission to eat and explore our new home for the next month.
![]() |
| The Boar's Head a traditional Irish pub |
In the center of the pub where a group of men who’s loud laughter filled the spaces between the bar and the tables, muffling the background music of current American singer Rihanna. They joked amongst each other about women, sports and beer.
The bartender lead our foursome to a table in the corner and after the greeting and a round of genuine Irish beer, the group of men now resembled a scene straight out of a movie. Much to my amazement this was not a movie but rather my very own first hand observations of Ireland.
Finally I had arrived, after three plane rides that had left me a little jet lagged, I was in Ireland.
| Oliver St John Gogarty Pub located in Templar Bar in Dublin, Ireland. |
The atmosphere made you smile and laugh out loud. The people were happy, frolicking around and singing Irish folk songs in unison. I clapped along falling deep into the environment.
The video is a short clip I took while inside Grogans Pub, please excuse the poor quality of my camera but the music and environment are my first hand experience.
Within my first day the Irish had lived up to my preconceived notions and I anticipate much more hospitality and friendships from them.

No comments:
Post a Comment